Need a hand? Give us a call 1-877-446-3565
*Lead time 4-6 weeks
Around the world, and particularly in Scandinavian countries, saunas have been used for thousands of years for their social and therapeutic benefits.
Each Backcountry Scandinavian barrel sauna kit can be paired with either a wood-fired or electric heater of your choice and comes included with a wooden water bucket and ladle, sauna rocks, a combination thermometer/hydrometer gauge, interior seating benches and lighting.
Our easy to follow instructions for self-assembly make setting up your barrel sauna a breeze. No special tools or carpentry skills are required and our instructions are written with the DIY customer in mind. All lumber pieces are pre-cut and complete assembly typically takes less than 3-4 hours. Upgrade your backyard or recreational property with the addition of a therapeutic Scandinavian barrel sauna.
Our Wooden Barrel Saunas are available in a variety of sizes and in either Canadian Red Cedar or Nordic White Pine, and with or without a porch.
OUR SAUNA DESIGN
MATERIALSOur cedar saunas are are made from 100% Canadian Western Red Cedar.
PERFORMANCEThese saunas will heat quickly--to as much as 195 F (90 Celsius) in under an hour. Every Cedar Creek barrel sauna comes with a either a wood-fired or electric stainless steel heater, water bucket & ladle, sauna rocks and combination thermometer/hygrometer so that you may begin enjoying the authentic sauna experience as soon as the assembly is complete.
ATMOSPHERESoft interior lighting, opposite-facing benches that allow bathers to enjoy good conversation, and a sturdy heater fence made from aromatic cedar or pine scents, all promote the authentically relaxing experience that is tradition in the Scandinavian sauna experience.
SHIPPINGWe ship our saunas all across Canada and the United States to sauna enthusiasts who enjoy the wellness benefits of heat and steam!
- Pre-cut and grooved lumber, 1.5” thickness
- 100% Canadian Red Cedar
- 9kw ETL Certified electric heater with temperature controls and timer
- Tempered and tinted full glass door with stainless steel hinges
- Stainless steel bands, hinges, heater and fasteners
- Interior explosion-proof light bulkhead (wiring should be sourced locally)
- Wooden heater guard
- Integral door handle/towel bar
- Weather-resistant polymer support cradles
- 2 opposite facing benches for sitting or reclining
- 1 x head rest and 1 x back cradle
- Includes wooden water bucket & ladle, thermometer/hygrometer, and sand timer
- Please note: Bitumen roof shingles sold separately as an add-on
*** If you are going with a wood burning stove option 6" stove piping, flashing and chimney boot will need to be sourced locally.