Geodesic domes are a cost-effective accommodation option with a quick return on investment.
Affordable Canada & US shipping
options at a flat rate.
Our domes have huge windows and skylights, allowing you to become one with nature.
Experience camping in comfort and style; Who says you can't enjoy luxury in nature while experiencing peace and calm?
Quickly and affordably add extra accommodation to your recreational property, cabin or lakehouse.
Our domes are built with the Canadian climate in mind, so you can stay assured your dome will hold up to the specific Canadian weather.
Take a Tour Of Our Domes
If you have any questions about our Geodesic Dome Tent, feel free to call us now at 1877-446-3565
Note - All pictures shown are actual photos of Backcountry Geodesic Domes taken from multiple domes sizes. Consistent improvements in our models' design make the product better every following year. Therefore, the current model may not be exactly as shown.
Backcountry Recreation is proud to offer our core line of glamping Geodesic Domes!
The 26ft geodesic dome tent offers modern comforts and enables outdoor enthusiasts to stay enthused, comfortable and cozy!
Our off-grid eco-friendly tents can be set up in any location with minimal impact on the surrounding environment. They are designed to run entirely off the grid with a solar-powered ceiling fan and wood stove. Moreover, they can also be wired with electricity if you prefer. All of the Backcountry Recreation Geodesic Domes are built with high-quality materials and components, which should last over 15 years if it is looked after well. We also carry spare PVC covers in stock in case of emergencies.
The 26ft dome tent has roomy indoor space reaching 530 sq feet of floor space. With this amount of room, you can design the tent in the comfort of your own home. Please note that the tent is not furnished and can be decorated and furnished according to your unique flare and style.
Our Geodesic Domes have a strong structure constructed with a quality iron pipe with a hot galvanized surface. It can withstand heavy snow and high winds. The dome cover is made of waterproof, UV-protected, and fire-retardant white PVC.
Make Your Dome Warmer in Winter & Cooler in Summer
Want your geodesic dome to stay cooler in summer and warmer in winter? Regulate the temperature with our Heat/Cold Insulation Fabric Layer. Learn about insulation types here
26ft geodesic dome tent includes the following:
- High-quality steel geodesic structure made of hot galvanized steel tubing with plastic coating - diameter 26* with 2.5* mm thickness
- Commercial grade glass & aluminum door with locking abilities included
- Neutral solid Geo Dome cover (PVC - 850gsm)) with large transparent bay windows on the front and a large stargazer window at the top and center
- 4 opening porthole windows with bug screens for airflow
- Pre-cut & sealed openings for the solar fan & chimney pipe
- Beautiful neutral curtains & rods are included
- Operating temperature: -30c to +70c (with proper insulation & heat source)**
- Wind load 120km/h
- Snow load: 50 kg/m2 (60psf)
- Premium sub-zero cotton or aluminum insulation, wood stove, chimney kit, adapter and solar ventilator fan are all sold separately.
We highly recommend adding one of our wood-fired stoves to your order. Our wood stoves are the most efficient ways to heat the dome. With a toasty warm tent, you can relax, put your feet up, and enjoy the great outdoors all year round.