Each Backcountry Scandinavian barrel sauna kit can be paired with either a wood-fired or electric heater of your choice and comes included with a wooden water bucket and ladle, sauna rocks, a combination thermometer/hydrometer gauge, interior seating benches and lighting.
OUR SAUNA DESIGN
MATERIALSProudly made from Scandinavian Thermowood! Thermowood is created by heat treating Scandinavian softwood to temperatures ranging from 180 – 230° in special chamber kilns for up to 96 hours. Steam is used as a protective gas and helps to prevent the wood from splitting and becoming damaged during treatment. Wood that has been heat treated is much more porous than untreated wood, vastly improving its insulating properties. This process makes the perfect material for saunas!
PERFORMANCEThese saunas will heat quickly--to as much as 195 F (90 Celsius) in under an hour. Every Backcountry a water bucket & ladle, sauna rocks and combination thermometer/hygrometer so that you may begin enjoying the authentic sauna experience as soon as the assembly is complete.
ATMOSPHERESoft interior lighting, opposite-facing benches that allow bathers to enjoy good conversation, and a sturdy heater fence made from aromatic cedar or pine scents, all promote the authentically relaxing experience that is tradition in the Scandinavian sauna experience.
SHIPPINGWe ship our saunas all across Canada and the United States to sauna enthusiasts who enjoy the wellness benefits of heat and steam! Depot pickup is always 199$ or we can get a quote for curbside delivery.
- Pre-cut and grooved lumber, 1.5” thickness
- 100% Scandinavian Thermowood
- Tempered and tinted full glass door with stainless steel hinges
- Stainless steel bands, hinges, heater and fasteners
- Interior explosion-proof light bulkhead (wiring should be sourced locally)
- Wooden heater guard
- Integral door handle/towel bar
- 2 opposite facing benches for sitting or reclining
- 1 x head rest and 1 x back cradle
- Includes wooden water bucket & ladle, thermometer/hygrometer, and sand timer & Shingles
- Sauna windows: 2 in the front wall
Safety fence for heater: For electric heater